- Venue: Ashley Conference Centre LT114/16
You are invited to join the LDI showcase on 16 March in Ashley. This event will showcase new and existing uses of technology to support teaching and learning from around the university. It is part of a university wide initiative being led by Steve Wyn Williams that will focus on assessment and feedback and will inspire and excite you!
All faculties and schools will be represented and we have an invited external speaker as well. The format will be informal, with a series of short presentations and demonstrations in a ‘marketplace’ format as well as a range of posters and demonstrations. If you have an innovation of your own that you would like to share, please contact Sue Lee or Helen Walmsley in LDI to discuss it.
The session will take place on March 16th in the afternoon (lunch will be included) in Ashley Conference Centre. In the past, these events have been well attended and stimulated lots of discussion and excitement around the opportunities for technology to enhance assessment and feedback.
- 12.30 – 12.45 Mark Stiles – overview of TSL at Staffordshire University
- 12.45 – 1.15 External speaker – Neil Witt from Plymouth University: APEL
- 1.15 – 2.00 working lunch + posters
- 2.00 – 3:05 – Presentations:
- Presentation 1: Varieties of summative assessment
- Presentation 2 : Wiki as a Workspace
- Presentation 3 : Using Gradebook in Blackboard
- 3.05 – 3.30 posters /demos/ etc
- 3.30 – 4.00 Plenary/open questions and workshop bookings
This event is free to Staffordshire University staff and SURF associates. Please email Gill Marino to reserve your place on email@example.com